To Saudi bloggers: Help Rawan Abu Shadi!
If not, this is a snapshot of the story:
- Rawan Abu Shadi, 21, Saudi, was badly hurt after a slip-and-fall accident on the stairs at her home.
- The closest medical facility to her house was a private hospital.
- Immediate treatment was needed to save her life. Her mother, widow with 6 other children, was asked to pay SRL 4k for initiate tests and X-rays before they do anything to treat the young lady.
- The mother managed to gather the money to save her daughter’s life.
- Then the mother was asked to pay 10k for immediate surgical procedures. The mother managed to gather 9k only.
- The surgical doctor abandoned Rawan and left the OR without performing surgery - he claimed that he will not do so because - check this out - the patient got her period!!!!!
- Rawan stayed bone-shattered for 10 days before a good Samaritan decided to donate the extra SRL 1k and get the procedure done
- With 4 double fractures, 2 in the hip, 1 in the leg and one in her heel, the treatment bills mounted to about SRL 128K.
- Not being able to pay up immediately, the hospital decided to lockup Rawan.
- Hospital is currently holding off food, disconnected Rawan from the outside world, doesn't allow any access to visitors, clean clothes or any even cleaning services .
- Rawan has been like that for the past 40 days.
- Not only that, the hospital is now threatening to draft a report that the incident was a suicide attempt and file it to the police.
I don't know about you guys, but i am disgusted to the bone...