Translation of Solicitation
In an ideal world, it is not ethical and even legal, to disclose anybody's contact details, let alone, a customer's.
So, i emailed him back asking him exactly what he is looking for. And he confirmed it. He wasn't the name/numbers of one of our customers so that he can offer his services to them.
His English wasn't that great. So i gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and thought it could be a another case of "lost in translation". So I called him.
After the hellos and introductions bla bla, we had the following conversation:
- So, sir. Just to get you right. Emailed me to provide you with the contacts of a company that is our customer. Is that accurate?
- Yes. We want to make business with them. Please send me name, email, telephone number.
- Ummm, Sir. That might be difficult to do. Because they are our customer, we have to protect their privacy. Have you tried contacting them directly?
- WHAT? This is Open market. I contact anyone I want. You say I am dishonest?
- huh?.. no.. I meant that if you go to their website, you can ..
- I will never ask anything from your combany. I will rebort to your hed offeese in amerika. *Click*
I have no clue why he flipped on me like that! Not only that, the muthafriggendouchbag hung up in my face. It wasn’t enough for him to be a total idiot for even making such an obscene request, the moron actually asked it in writing on email - that he wants to solicit our customer information for his business use.
Anyhow, I called our legal guys (who are the coolest people in our company btw), they told me: If he calls you again, tell him to kiss your @$$ :)