Dubai Consumer Mirror

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Translation of Solicitation

I got an email today from someone outside the region asking hte contact of one of our customers.

In an ideal world, it is not ethical and even legal, to disclose anybody's contact details, let alone, a customer's.

So, i emailed him back asking him exactly what he is looking for. And he confirmed it. He wasn't the name/numbers of one of our customers so that he can offer his services to them.

His English wasn't that great. So i gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and thought it could be a another case of "lost in translation". So I called him.

After the hellos and introductions bla bla, we had the following conversation:

- So, sir. Just to get you right. Emailed me to provide you with the contacts of a company that is our customer. Is that accurate?
- Yes. We want to make business with them. Please send me name, email, telephone number.
- Ummm, Sir. That might be difficult to do. Because they are our customer, we have to protect their privacy. Have you tried contacting them directly?
- WHAT? This is Open market. I contact anyone I want. You say I am dishonest?
- huh?.. no.. I meant that if you go to their website, you can ..
- I will never ask anything from your combany. I will rebort to your hed offeese in amerika. *Click*

I have no clue why he flipped on me like that! Not only that, the muthafriggendouchbag hung up in my face. It wasn’t enough for him to be a total idiot for even making such an obscene request, the moron actually asked it in writing on email - that he wants to solicit our customer information for his business use.

Anyhow, I called our legal guys (who are the coolest people in our company btw), they told me: If he calls you again, tell him to kiss your @$$ :)

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • This is hilarious! Case of lost in translation, indeed. Not only that, but some kind of strange cultural gap or whatever you call it in trying to ask you for your customer's details: that's just plain weird and cheeky. After taking time to call the guy up, he should have displayed some kind of 'cultural understanding' towards YOU as you did him, instead the loser confirmed his loser status by hanging up on you for no valid reason. I don't think you could have been more helpful. Plenty of tossers out there, but this one easily wins the May award!

    By Blogger i*maginate, at May 16, 2008 at 1:05 AM  

  • i* - he did one thing right for sure: ruining my evening... sometimes I hate my job :)

    By Blogger moryarti, at May 16, 2008 at 1:43 AM  

  • khaye, ba3d amrak, bas badna ar2am el credit cards taba3 kam zboon 3andkon. El-seneh shakla khesraneh hawn, w bema enno it's an ben market ya3ni, fa ya rayt tsharkoona.. :)

    Hillarious.

    By Blogger Yazan, at May 16, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

  • Jesus! some people take it all too personal, I tell ya :) Ah well, there are varied sortsa weirdos on planet earth and now in the UAE too :)

    Yazan - your side view pics, look like mine, or rather I look like you - freaky carbon copy! The resemblance is quite identical, damn?

    By Blogger rosh, at May 17, 2008 at 1:35 AM  

  • Next time give them Burger King's number :)

    By Blogger KJ, at May 17, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

  • actually give him cock huts number.

    he'll just be calling his brethren

    -hannibal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 18, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home