Dubai Consumer Mirror

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Oman

What a week!

On the first day of my new job, i found a Dubai-Muscat-Dubai plane ticket laying on my temporary desk. It turned out that the entire company staff was heading to a 3 days team building event in Oman. I also found out -when i got there- that I was flown one day before everyone else to help setting things up.

The event was great and we did all sort of things from team building activities, role playing and resolving challenging business scenarios, to going on a 2 hr dune bashing spree (40 land cruisers!) in the middle of the Omani desert where I discovered that I am not as bad as I thought I would be in off road driving.

We also went to a local school in a remote village and upgraded the school's computer room with brand new PCs, a network and Internet for the entire lab. We also repainted the entire school in less than 3 hours. We were about 6 teams of 10 to 15 person in each team.

We stayed in a really really really nice hotel. The worst thing about business traveling is that you always get to stay in great hotels, but never have the time to enjoy any of them.

Nevertheless, i took these photos for your viewing pleasure.










11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home