Dubai Consumer Mirror

Friday, July 07, 2006

The "Khawaga" Complex

At a business event during a 10-minutes coffee break

Big Boss: Hey Mory, could you call the guests to get back to the halls? We are about to resume our session

I started to roam around the room telling everyone to get back to the hall. All but few scattered guests stayed behind. The ones I can tell are in serious business discussions, I usually leave
alone.

One group attracted my attention. A bunch of 4 to 5 lower-mid management staff yapping away. No mega business deals taking place, only smoking and nibbling on free F&B.

Me: Excuse me gentlemen, we are about to start the session.
Lower-mid management staff : Yes ... we'll just finish the cigarettes

5 mins later

Me: er...gentlemen, session started … if could kindly go back in.
LMMS: Yeah yeah .. in a minute. (they start a fresh round of smokes)

5 more minutes go by and I decided to send my blond, blue eyed male Khawaga friend who has an extremely strong English accent..

Khawaga friend: Guys ..
LMMS: (putting down cigarettes, cups, plates and rushing back to the hall)

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home