Dubai Consumer Mirror

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Car Chats - part 1

Had two interesing chats about cars this morning.

The first one on my way to work when some woman called me from some call centre thats doing some servey.

: Alo
: Can I speak to Mr. (
insert miss-pronounced name of wife)?
: This is her husband, how can I help you?
: I am calling from Lexus. We are cleaning up our database. Can we have some of your time?
: Sure, but i am driving now, how long will this take?
: Five minutes
: OK
: Does your wife drive a Lexus?
: Yes she does
: Does she drive it?
: Yes she does
: Do you drive the car?
: If she lets me. But its her car. Its in her name
: OK, then can we speak to your wife?
: Yes you can
: Is she there?
: No she is at home now
: So you won't let us speak to your wife?
: No, i didn't say that. She is at home and you called me on my phone
: Oh, can we have her number?
: sure its XXXXXXX
: XXXYYYX?
: No its XXXXXXX
: YYY?
: XXX
: XXXXXXX
: Yes. But could you not call her now because she is sleeping?
: So, you won't let us speak to your wife?
: No, I said don't call her now. She didn't go to work today cause she is not feeling well
: She is at work now?
: No. I said she didn't go to work
: She doesn't go to work?
: She does - but she didn't go today
: OK. What is her work number?
: I don't know it by heart. I have it stored in my mobile
: Its her mobile number? Can you give us her mobile number?
: No, and I gave you her mobile number
: So you won't give us your wife's number?
: No, i said i can't give it to you because i don't know it by heart. Its in my mobile
: Her Mobile?
: My mobile
: Whats your mobile number?
: You just called me on it
: But we need your wife's number
: I just gave you her number
: Is it XXXYYYX?
: No, its XXXXXXX
:
But thats a mobile number
: Yes, its her mobile.
: What is her work number?
: I don't have it
: OK. What is her email?

oh boy!

8 Comments:

  • what a genius!
    i would be worried if they actually serviced the cars as professionally as they sold them!

    By Blogger BuJ, at October 8, 2006 at 11:33 PM  

  • That should be featured in Campaign's "we'll call you" section....Priceless really! Thanks for making me crack up :)

    By Blogger Dubai Sunshine, at October 9, 2006 at 12:05 AM  

  • Uff Professoré.
    You must have been bored beyond belief to talk so much.
    I get these calls, and simply tell them that the person they called for is in jail, and cant take calls there, or has left the country, or run away with my friend.
    End.

    By Blogger *, at October 9, 2006 at 1:03 AM  

  • buj - for fairness' sake, i asked the women which call centre she belonged too .. it was a 3rd party company doing the on behalf of al futtaim...

    DS - glad u enjoyed it :)

    Kaya - it went even longer than that.. the email bit was sheer pain

    By Blogger moryarti, at October 9, 2006 at 2:03 AM  

  • My condolences - but damn that was hilarious.

    I've always heard Lexus had impeccable customer service - but I never knew it extended to outright harassment.

    That's another car off the 2007 wishlist...

    By Blogger marwan, at October 9, 2006 at 5:53 AM  

  • e-mail!? So they're catching up with the rest of the world at last - I've only ever been asked for my fax number.

    By Blogger Seabee, at October 9, 2006 at 1:31 PM  

  • Marwan, get the Lexus - the service we are getting is amazing and I was this-close of getting the GS430 in addition to the RX we already have .. but opted for a German breed instead.

    Seabee - the lady DID ask for a fax number :) :)

    By Blogger moryarti, at October 9, 2006 at 1:48 PM  

  • Come on! you must be exaggerating moryarti... nice blog btw

    By Blogger Rania, at October 9, 2006 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home