Dubai Consumer Mirror

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dirt

Image courtesy: www.imdb.com

Just watched the first episode of Dirt... and MAN it sure is dirty. I am talking R Rated mature adult content kindda dirty.

The show is about a tabloid editor, Lucy Spiller (
Courteney Cox) and a schizo-photographer in the wacky world of Hollywood celebrity with all it's discontents. Lucy has the ability to turn any comment, look or gesture into a home wrecking, reputation killing, front-page news.

Her photographer, while trying to make sense of all the voices in his head, he recruits sources who feed the magazine with more dirt on anybody.

The first episode, like any other pilot, draws the main lines of the show's key characters. There is something that is dark and mysterious about the show. It reminded me of
Six Feet Under, in an odd sorta way.

10 Comments:

  • Looks Interesting, I'll check it out ...
    I loved the picture of the lady in the red dress over LA...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 21, 2007 at 12:14 AM  

  • I'm thinking of torrenting this. I would buy a pass at iTunes, but you only get the tiny-sized versions for that don't you?

    God - here I am, my credit-card/PayPal ready - and the only people able to give me what I'm totally prepared to buy are those doing it for free.

    Vive la piracy!

    By Blogger secretdubai, at January 21, 2007 at 12:45 AM  

  • I never liked Courteney Cox in Friends, she wasn't that funny, but I always thought she'd make a great actress in her own show. And here it is. I liked the trailer. I will check it out.

    RnD

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 21, 2007 at 8:32 AM  

  • never heard of it, i'll check it out

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 21, 2007 at 9:24 AM  

  • Mory, I know this is off-topic. Something bad has happened to me today and I would like to
    share with everyone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 22, 2007 at 12:25 PM  

  • the link above is incorrect, here it is:
    http://dubai-jazz.blogspot.com/2007/01/i-hit-dog-today.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 22, 2007 at 12:30 PM  

  • never heard of it either.. need to do some research.. hmm but it's about dirt....hmm

    By Blogger BuJ, at January 22, 2007 at 10:38 PM  

  • Check this out..
    Click Here

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 25, 2007 at 5:43 PM  

  • Ha ha@Etishite managing to block "lesbian" in URLs but not "lesbo" ;)

    Re new TV series: I recently downloaded and watched the whole series of Ugly Betty. It really is slick and quite funny (with loads of models walking around to appeal to male viewers, in underwear more often than not). There are torrents for all 13 episodes, and even the earlier ones are still relatively active, though you'll probably find the later episodes download the quickest. Series 2 starts on 2nd February.

    By Blogger secretdubai, at January 28, 2007 at 2:31 AM  

  • It is *SO* difficult to watch Friends after seeing Dirt!


    about Ugly Betty.. They had an Indian adaption of the same original French series 3-4 years ago.. so its more or less the same.

    By Blogger Harsha, at February 27, 2007 at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home