Dubai Consumer Mirror

Friday, January 19, 2007

What a week!

Sorry for being MIA for sometime… It has been another “one of those weeks” week. Everything was pouring in from everywhere!

So, what’s going on? Lets see..

At work: Don't you just hate it when you have those people who think they know everything about YOUR job, when the matter to the fact is, they know jack-shit about their own jobs. Then they have the nurve to come and lecture you about what THEY think you should or should not be doing. I've been having these guys over my head all week!

I swear, sometimes I feel I am completely surrounded by jackasses.

At home: right now, I am going the worst time any man living on this good land can go through. A man’s worst nightmare. The most dreadful decision anyone can take:
Moving Houses.

I've been looking at homes all week. Browing papers, website and making really obsucre phonecalls.

I need to find a place that’s closer to Jabal Ali Area. Anywhere on SZR, Barsha, Marina, close to Mall of The Emirates. I've been seeing homes all last week. Some pretty funny stories there.

To be honest, I really don't want to move out. I’ve just renewed my contact last December. But I NEED to move. And you know the differencing between wanting something and needing it.

Yes ladies and gents, I give up. I am throwing the towel on the floor. My five-year struggle with Dubai-Sharjah Highway traffic is coming to an end.

It’s not an entirely happy ending though. I mean, I really like it where I am. The house is very spacious; I am surrounded by everything I need. AND technically, its only a 20min drive away to work. Realistically, it takes me about 1.5 to 2 hrs to cover that 20 mins trip because of the all-year-round traffic jam festival.

Here is the irony though; After browsing a few houses, and by the looks of it, I will end up paying double what I am paying now, for a house that’s 1/2 the size.

That’s Dubai real-estate economics for you.

At the real world: Lots of things happened during this week. I was on Sheikh Zayed Road when the dreadful tower fire took place in Jumeirah lakes project thing. Dubai’s construction boom has claimed four more lives I am afraid. May god have mercy on their souls. What a disaster…

Oh, and Etisalat Internet access is till a joke. I have an ADSL 2mb package with an active connection of a 56kbps link!

At blog: Apparently, that last entry I did on Bruj Al Arabi was well received. Thanks for everyone who commented .. I cherish each and every one of it. Except for that ANON who gave me the if-you-don't-like-it-you-can-leave routine… dumbass.

With other bloggers: I really need to catch up on what’s happening around the place.

I should resume regular posting very soon...

8 Comments:

  • Welcome back.. my week was awful as well.. I hated it...

    The only good thing was my granny coming to Dubai..

    Hang on there.. I hate moving out...

    Cheers.

    RnD

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 20, 2007 at 1:26 AM  

  • Welcome back ... yes, that Burj Al Arabi post was Fantastic and it Echoed all over the Arab blogosphere. Really well done.

    I HATE moving too. I did my last move when I bought my own house 5 years ago, and thought. That's it. I'm never moving again! But who knows! Oh did I mention that I REALLY hate moving!?

    Good luck home hunting and stay safe in the crazy streets over there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 20, 2007 at 2:57 AM  

  • Yuk - moving!

    We'll aoon be looking for a place too, so if you find one big enough, we'll come and live with you! lol.

    By Blogger nzm, at January 20, 2007 at 10:17 AM  

  • Based on the areas you're looking into, we're gonna be neighbours...yay! :)

    By Blogger Dubai Sunshine, at January 20, 2007 at 10:19 AM  

  • 7ayyak yal '3ali

    By Blogger BuJ, at January 20, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

  • The only good thing was my granny coming to Dubai..

    Gosh I feel a bit envious now, I don't have any grannies left. I wonder what they would have thought of this place? I think they would have been a bit scared and repelled, to be honest.

    By Blogger secretdubai, at January 21, 2007 at 12:47 AM  

  • Thanks Qwaider ... and thank you for the link on your blog! Wow ..I am on "I BAWAR Q-Planet" now :)

    RnD .. hope you enjoyed your granny's visit. Is she still here? Make sure you don't get her stuck in DxB-Shj traffic. I am like SD, no one left on my side as well.

    NZM .. I hope you meant that, cause i might consider your offer. :o)

    DS .. If i move to your side, i highly doubt I'll ever make it to this part town again.

    Buj .. Hala w Ghala 6al 3omrak

    By Blogger moryarti, at January 21, 2007 at 7:30 AM  

  • When I move (and it's when, not if) the fun will really start. A 375-litre tropical aquarium weighs in at several hundred kilos and that's when it's empty.

    What to do with the fish during the move?

    By Blogger Grumpy Goat, at January 25, 2007 at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home