Dubai Consumer Mirror

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Few changes

I am really sorry for not posting regularly. I am in the middle of moving houses now and going through the whole deal of looking for proper movers, settling bills, paperwork, taking measurements ... etc.

I switched to the not-so-new blogger version now. Nothing will change in the template or the overall appearance. The 'email notification' bit confused the hell out of me at the beginning, but it looks OK now.

There will be that TAGS thingy, which is cool, i guess.


I also decided to replace this blogger profile t-shirt photo




..with a REAL picture of yours truly.



Now, the reason behind this change is that I've received a number of observations on the old photo. Especially on what people thought or referred to as me having a big belly.


To set the record straight .. that ain't no big belly (kirsh) y'all!

Let me explain.
You see, the day I took that 'blogger photo on the peer', was a really windy one. And at the same exact moment the picture was snapped, a sudden and unexpected draft of wind created an air pocket that inflated my t-shirt and gave the visual illusion of a big belly. Hence, that belly you are seeing in da photo ain't the real deal.

for all ya ladies out there, this is how my stomach REALLY REALLY REALLY looks like





Okaaay fine .... i lied.
That was how I actually looked like about 10 years ago when I used to do 200 sit-ups at a 45 degree inclined bench every single day... (sigh)
What the hell happened?
Umm.. I moved to Dubai. Which was still OK btw.. But 3 year after that, I moved to Sharjah and that was the beginning of a whole new era of leading the most detrimental life style anyone can have.
Anyhow, and 5 years later, I am moving out of Sharjah back to Dubai again. I am already on a really good special diet system. The 4 hours I used to put in driving everyday, will be shifted to seeing more of the family, reading more and of course, hitting the gym like the good ol' days.
Wish me luck :)

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

  • Mabrouk! you found a new place! That was quick!

    Where are you moving to?

    By Blogger Dubai Sunshine, at January 29, 2007 at 9:41 AM  

  • Thanks ... its 5 minutes away from your place ;)

    By Blogger moryarti, at January 29, 2007 at 9:46 AM  

  • heh!

    Hope that you got the info that I sent you!

    Love the new image - so true to life! lol.

    The thing that I find most confusing about the new blogger is now having to log in with my email address and password to comment on other blogs!

    By Blogger nzm, at January 29, 2007 at 11:44 AM  

  • Welcome back to the land of the living (aka Dubai).

    Not that Dubai will necessarily help a dieting regime - I increasingly find myself having to cinch the flab under the steering wheel.

    I hereby invite you for the inaugural Moryarti-Marwan Save The Whales Not-So-Fun Run....

    By Blogger marwan, at January 29, 2007 at 1:01 PM  

  • Yeah right... ten years ago..!!
    and finally you switched to the new blogger,, oldie..

    *Jealous Evil Looks*

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 29, 2007 at 3:16 PM  

  • That's an awesome, and not to mention pretty damn accurate depiction of you :) what programme did you make that on?

    By Blogger Abha Malpani, at January 29, 2007 at 5:35 PM  

  • Congrats on making no.3 blogger* in the UAE, according to the Post.

    * despite being relatively infrequent as compared to the other picks, lol.

    By Blogger marwan, at January 29, 2007 at 6:48 PM  

  • Ooh! Professoré
    Does your nose grow when you tell tales of six packs?"

    Aah the good old days when if you didnt eat the whole day and sucked in your breath you could do aa whole inch.
    Now you dont eat a week, inhale till you are blue in the face and ZILCH!
    Looks like the Michelin Chick look is here to stay,
    Gym? Dont use dirty words Professoré, it doesnt become you.

    By Blogger *, at January 29, 2007 at 8:48 PM  

  • nzm... Mr. Ali promised to pay us a visit but never showed up.. I will call him again

    Marwan.. thanks mate, I can't wait to move out and hit the gym! And this Evening Post thing! I mean, its nice and all, but there are far more better blogs than this one.

    Abha - there is a link on South park were you can create your own characters. I photoshopped it a bit ..

    Thanks for your feed back RnD and Kaya ... in this case, I don't think I will ever do that post I on my previous career as a male model …:p~~~

    By Blogger moryarti, at January 29, 2007 at 10:05 PM  

  • Wow - maybe he doesn't know the way to Sharjah! lol.

    I'm surprised because he was usually early to our place on the 3 occasions that he was there.

    By Blogger nzm, at January 29, 2007 at 11:00 PM  

  • Mabrook the new home and the new avatar. enjoy your workout, what a wonderful way to replace the arduous ride to Shragah!
    good luck.

    By Blogger Dubai Jazz, at January 29, 2007 at 11:21 PM  

  • Who needs a six-pack when you've got a keg? ;-)

    By Blogger Grumpy Goat, at January 30, 2007 at 10:11 AM  

  • man.. ur not bosting and i have big time bosting is-haal! well i just finally found some time (with this new boring job) to post to my heart's content.. well not all posts are serious but sometimes they are interesting (me hopes).

    i'm penciling march for the housewarming :)

    mabrook el beit lijdeed.

    By Blogger BuJ, at January 31, 2007 at 3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home