Dubai Consumer Mirror

Sunday, March 04, 2007

More updates

Hi ..

How you doin?

Long time no see.

I know .. sorry about that..


Things have been a bit crazy lately. I've been travelling a lot. I am in Doha at the moment, waiting for my EK back to Dubai.

Have lots of stories to tell. I still have one more week of work-related wackiness to go; so by mid March, I should be able to pick up whats left of my sanity.

So, whats going on?

At home, we are still without AC. The project engineer actually explained why is it we can't have DEWA hocked up till now. It turned out that it was all because of a "situation" DEWA people faced while trying to lay down the Main Power cable all the way from the main Generator to our building. While workers were digging away, they came across a construction site of which the contractor was being a major ASS about removing his junk to clear out the way for the DEWA guys to stretch the cable. He was being such a mutha about it to the point our building contractor called the cops. Anyhow, after several visits by DEWA people, police and a couple of warning letters, it was all cleared and we should, according to the project manager, be able to get DEWA, Etisalat and all that good stuff sometime toward the end of this week..... Lets see.

Lulu is officially walking. I can't describe to you the feeling just to see her wiggle her cute tush and her arms flying around everywhere. I miss her soo much.

As I said earlier, work has been really crazy. Everybody who is somebody in the company decided to drop in Dubai this week. And Yours Truly was assigned to look after their agendas, needs and egos. Not only that, they are moving around all over the place and I have to tag along. Bottom line; I ended up visiting 3 different countries 5 times over a period of 10 days. I still have a couple of more cities to cover. It should be over soon.

Also, there has been some internal movements at work as well. Its seems that some big Kahuna in Corp noticed that Yours Truly gotz some skillz, so he wants me to have a bigger role, wider goe-coverage responsibility and - dig this- wants Yours Truly to report directly to him.

Now, here is where it gets a bit tricky. It is the same Kahuna who my direct manager reports to. I don't know how that will make him feel, but I can feel that the love is NOT in the air.

Remember "C"? Well, she actually resigned and is on her way to a more "recognising" job. So, my boss already lost one good member of his team and another one is being snatched away.

I don't know. Lets hope i don't get caught in the middle of inter-office politics mambo jumbo.

I've been to Jordan last week. Spent a few days there. Though I really wanted to, but I couldn't go to Amman. I really wanted to meet up with some friends there. I feel bad. I hope I can make it up on my next trip. Anyhow, more photos/posts will be dedicated to Jordan.

Doha is an interesting place. I have mixed feelings about this place. I will try to be as objective as I can be. Again, more dedicated Qatar-posts should be coming your way.

I hope I can get Internet at home soon, so that i can resume normal blogging.

Miss you all ..

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

  • Moryarti: MABROOK on the promotion - that is just awesome!! Very happy for you!!

    I can't believe that Baby M is already walking - she'll now start to lose that chubby baby look as she gets to run around and do more exercise. Look out for all your precious belongings - they'll be in her hands before you realise that she's moved! :-)

    Good luck re the power, etisalat etc.

    We'll be back in Dxb soon - long overdue for a catchup, methinks!

    By Blogger nzm, at March 4, 2007 at 10:02 PM  

  • Mory! Weinak! (well, now I know where you've been...)

    Mabrouk for the promotion...well deserved :) And baby M, walking already! Wow!

    We should catch up soon, especially now that you're closer to my neck of the woods :)

    By Blogger Dubai Sunshine, at March 4, 2007 at 10:12 PM  

  • ya hala!!! welcome back and good news on that promotion.

    MOST IMPORTANTLY ALF MABROOK ON LULU's FIRST STEPS!

    You must be one heck of a proud father :)

    Allah yekhaleeha wo ye7fatha :)

    Contractors in general are a bloody theiving bunch.. the less contact u got with them the better!!!

    have a safe flight.

    By Blogger BuJ, at March 4, 2007 at 10:59 PM  

  • Mabrook for the promotion man, there must be more perks along with the increased responsibility...
    is your big boss German? :)

    By Blogger Dubai Jazz, at March 5, 2007 at 12:03 AM  

  • awww we miss you too!!

    By Blogger Harsha, at March 5, 2007 at 12:12 AM  

  • mabrook mabrook!!

    By Blogger Roba, at March 5, 2007 at 1:49 AM  

  • Alf mabrook Moryarti! mashallah 3'aleik for the promotion.

    God bless little Lulu :)

    By Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira, at March 5, 2007 at 2:13 AM  

  • Is my Big Kahuna the same as your Big Kahuna?

    I thought I had a monopoly on Kahunas...

    Congrats on promotion :)

    By Blogger Herlock Sholmes, at March 5, 2007 at 11:14 AM  

  • The big Kahuna just proposed the promotion .. I didn't nail it yet ..

    So, wish me luck :)

    By Blogger moryarti, at March 5, 2007 at 1:35 PM  

  • Mory Man, We missed you pal...

    I am so happy that Lulu is now able to explore what Mom has in drawers, on tables sheets, on the couch, under the couch, etc.... good luck with that lol..

    And do I smell a promotion? mmmm no you are not going to get away with it, we demand a 7elwan.. lol..

    RnD

    By Blogger Unknown, at March 5, 2007 at 1:42 PM  

  • Mabrook from me too. Let's hope the promo doesn't mean they load more work on you.

    By Blogger Seabee, at March 5, 2007 at 4:53 PM  

  • good luck my friend... and mabrook ;)

    and the bigger mabrook is for Lulu's first steps...

    By Blogger Yazan, at March 5, 2007 at 10:20 PM  

  • Yay little lulu is walking!!

    you're going to have your hands full!

    inshallah the new promotion comes in .. we know you deserve it!

    By Blogger inmotion, at March 6, 2007 at 7:37 AM  

  • I like this new letter style ..

    as if you're having a conversation with us ..

    By Blogger inmotion, at March 7, 2007 at 8:40 AM  

  • Welcome, welcome, welcome back ya Mory! Now we know where have you been! You know I smell a conspiracy in here.... They want you out of the blogging scene, they took away your internet....

    And mabrouk for loulou! she's gonna make you crazy! Enjoy!

    By Blogger Rania, at March 7, 2007 at 10:12 AM  

  • Mabrook ya LuLu.. inshalla all the steps you take will only be towards happiness!

    By Blogger KJ, at March 12, 2007 at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home