Dubai Consumer Mirror

Monday, July 23, 2007

Wealth Managment

I guess there was a good reason after all for dodging all those phone calls that offered "wealth management consultancy services". Every time I get such a call, my answer would be a blunt "Thanks, but no thanks".

About 3 months ago, one particular caller was very persistent. In fairness, he did sound courteous and sincerely professional; so I decided to give him a shot and find out what these financial "advisors" are all about.

He came over to my office and spent about an hour asking every sort of question about everything I own, owe and planning to own or owe. I was brutally honest and give the advisor accurate details.




I never heard back from him again. Should I be worried?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • I do not think there's a good reason for you to worry. It seems that you "wealth" does not require that much of a "management" and he just wanted to spare you the overrated fees.

    I could manage your wealth if you want, you give me the money and I will "manage" to spend it. :D

    RnD

    By Blogger Unknown, at July 23, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

  • Call the person or agency back and see what happened

    By Blogger KJ, at July 23, 2007 at 11:26 AM  

  • you should be since it's kind of odd not to hear from that guy considering that he was persistent in encouraging you to avail such services in the first place. nowadays, a lot of bad people pretend to be good. for all you know you own an empire only to find out that it was stolen from you in a blink of an eye just because you entrusted so much information to a total stranger.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

  • Most likely he didn't see you as a potential customer... thats why he pulled a vanishing act on you.

    Thats the thing with many businesses these days. They only go after easy sales calls and target the big kahuna's with fat pockets.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2007 at 2:13 PM  

  • 'big kahuna'...looks like someone's still around

    By Blogger Harsha, at July 24, 2007 at 8:21 PM  

  • RnD - you won't have much to manage. I think thats why the guy never called back anyways :)

    KJ - wallahi i am not sure i want to do that. I think he was the owner of that "establishment".

    1st anon - you are right. But I never gave him anything he can use directly. Like credit card or account numbers, or anything of that sort for that matter.

    But i did, however, give him a complete financial background and history, which can be used or sold to people who are soliciting information; which is as bad, i guess.

    2nd anon- i totally agree :)

    By Blogger moryarti, at July 24, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

  • Harsha .. i don't get it :)

    By Blogger moryarti, at July 24, 2007 at 9:22 PM  

  • Mori.. i think the term "big kahuna" is a word "haroun el poussah" used to use a lot.

    By Blogger BuJ, at July 26, 2007 at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home