Dubai Consumer Mirror

Monday, April 16, 2007

Wafi Heist Video

Like everyone who has an email in the UAE today, I received the URL of the mobile phone video that captured the Wafi heist in progress.

See it here. Another Video here as well

I don't know what to say. I am in total shock, really.

Some friends were supposed to go there last night, but changed their minds at the last minute. Thank god they did.

From the video, I can clearly see that the robbers:
Are very organised (In uniform - all dressed in black and masked).
Targeted Graff. One of the most, if not THE most, exclusive jewellery outlet in the mall. I bet they must've had scouts that checkout out the place many times.
It was done late Sunday evening; traffic is light, both inside and outside. Making it a clean in-and-out.
Influenced by Hollywood (Ronin): notice the make of the Audis - exact models that were used in the heist movie.
In the Gulf News story, it says that the cars were set on fire. So, they must've had replacement cars. Also, one car had an Abu Dhabi car plate and the other was without any.

AND ... they were frigging armed.

When I first read the story headline, I thought they must have used real-looking toy guns; but you can hear the live gunfire in the video.

This heist had the potential of going really really really bad. There are no news of any life casualties, lets hope there are not.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

  • I am ... shocked..

    By Blogger KJ, at April 16, 2007 at 3:05 PM  

  • Hi Mory...
    I am also shocked, these guys are horribly daring, but I am confident the CID will do its job and bring them to justice..(let's hope so)
    I think that the 'bang' heard toward the end of the video is the sound of the first car colliding with the crumbles of the entrance glass in its way out, but it could be a gun shot as well...
    Too bad....

    By Blogger DUBAI JAZZ, at April 16, 2007 at 8:09 PM  

  • You people are going to think i'm friggin' crazy but I thought it was one of the most exciting thats happened in Dubai in a long time. I mean a heist like that is something you would see in the movies. Who would've thought...? And in the middle of shopping hours?

    FANTASTIC HEIST! Too bad it didn't end very well for them :P

    By Blogger _DuBaYin_Cookie, at April 18, 2007 at 11:10 PM  

  • Scary more than anything. Its not the living in a bubble life anymore.

    By Blogger kaya, at April 28, 2007 at 10:55 PM  

  • i heard that they captured three of them. is it true ?

    By Anonymous HudaSH, at April 29, 2007 at 5:39 PM  

  • wow, that completely slipped my radar. Finally dobuy is becoming more real..

    By Blogger ReginaFilangee, at May 3, 2007 at 5:01 PM  

  • why arent you blogging anymore?

    By Blogger Abha, at May 5, 2007 at 11:48 PM  

  • this report is fantastic, the infomation you show us is really interesting and is good written. Do you want to see something more? you can visit too:Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica ,
    Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.ramadajaco.com/

    By Blogger Omar Cruz, at May 26, 2007 at 12:32 AM  

  • A lot of people ask me how I like living in Costa Rica. My answer is, it was the best decision that I made in my life. I came to Costa Rica 7 years ago on a vacation and quickly fell in love with the beauty of the country and the hospitality of the people here. I couldn't wait to come back. I started coming here about 4 times per year and always had a great time and didn't want to leave. Two years ago, I decided to leave Arizona and come live in Paradise. I can not tell you how happy I am that I made that decision. Today, I wake up next to the ocean and run on the beach every morning. I eat the most delicious fruits, vegetables and fresh seafood. My stress levels are much lower than when I was living in the States and the potential here for investing, truly is unlimited. The best part of living here is showing our clients this country. I really don't feel like I have a job for the first time in my life. The joy I receive when I see the look on people's faces when they get into the warm water of the Pacific ocean is truly priceless. For those of you that have come and discovered paradise, you know what I am talking about. For those of you that are on the way, I can't wait to get you here. And to those who are thinking about Costa Rica, please do yourself a favor and come down. You will have the time of your life.


    We invite you to take a tour on our website, and if should more information is required:




    Great Costa Rica Pacific Coast investment opportunity
    guanacaste beach condos, jaco beach condos. Visit us for more info at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 5, 2007 at 10:50 PM  

  • These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...:Great investment opportunity in jaco beach hotel, jaco beach front hotel , jaco beach hotel costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/

    By Blogger Omar Cruz, at September 28, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home