Dubai Consumer Mirror

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dominos Pizza in Dubai is Bad in Maths

Me: Hi, can I order the "Meal for 4" item on your menu please?
Domino's: That will be 2 medium pizzas, 1 bread sticks, 1 salad and 1 bottle of pepsi.
Me: Great. Can I have Diet Pepsi please?
Domino's: But that will be in cans, we don't have a large Diet Pepsi bottle.
Me: thats fine.
Domino's: Sure, I can send you 3 cans.
Me: But its a meal for 4, isn't it?
Domino's: yes, but the price is different
Me: I appreciate that .. but I am ordering your Meal for 4, which should include a large bottle (1.5 ltr) , that you don't have. So, I am OK with the cans option. Why do you wanna give me 3 cans for a meal for 4?
Domino's: I'll see what i can do..

In 30 minutes from now, I'll find out what she can do ...

UPDATE: Yup, as expected, they only sent me 3 cans. It seems that at Domino's, a can of Soda has more value than the company's reputation, or what reguler customers think of it. Classic.

7 Comments:

  • They should call it DUMBino's pizza instead

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

  • Something similar happened to me the other day when I went to get the car serviced. Do not attempt to throw them a curveball with some weird logic. Does not compute...

    By Blogger Susan , at May 22, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

  • You're too polite Mory... of course i'm sorry to hear about this story. obviously you will survive with just 3 cans but on principle it would make me quite angry!

    You should publish the branch name and location (a wikimapia.com page is great) and maybe even a phone number of the branch. The name of the employee as well.

    If you wanna screw them, then screw them properly.

    By Blogger BuJ, at May 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

  • I'm quite shocked that they arrived within 30 minutes!

    By Anonymous Jad Aoun, at May 22, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

  • Youre just a can short. Usually am told to pick it upmyself if i want it warm and before an hour

    By Blogger KJ, at May 22, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

  • AUH/DXB Photo: lool... signs of Does Not Compute: 30 to 45 second pause. meaningless grin, shuffles in random papers in attempt to gain time to think of something that is least-moronicto say :)


    BuJassem - Agree. It didn't make any sense really. I don't wanna screw them, I just want them to stop making fools of us and themselves.

    Jad - their branch is about 4 blocks away from my place, so they have no excuse there :)

    KJ - Its funny they act this way really. In the US, Domino's 'thing' is how fast they deliver. Its their 'core' brand attribute. Like how 'the same' McDonnalds tatstes everwhere, how 'big' BK sandwiches are ... etc

    By Blogger moryarti, at May 24, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

  • I am exteremely dissappointed with the service of Dominos pizza in Discovery gardes, Jebel Ali. We made a order at 11.30am today,Firstly the person who took the order took all my patience as he could not understand simple english.. Took me 15 minutes on the phone to order 3 pizzas and some chicken kickers! After that to my utter dismay it took 7 phone calls to get the order which came at 13.24pm. Disgusting, will never order again from Dominos.

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home