Dubai Consumer Mirror

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sour Reactions

Today, I read in the papers that a Chef in Abu Dhabi's Emirates Palace hotel has been fined AED 92,000 ($27,000) for storing a bucket of yoghurt 1 day too long.

First, the Abu Dhabi guys need to loosen up a bit and maybe learn a bit more about the meaning of "Expiry Dates". Maybe this video can help.




Oh, one more thing... i just had yogurt that is about 1 week past the printed date of expiry.. and I enjoyed every spoon full of it.

5 Comments:

  • Great vid... Thank you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

  • I read the article in disbelief this morning. I think I will be deported if they raid my fridge.

    By Blogger KJ, at July 14, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

  • Jee! Thanks for the video. I'm (or rather was) oblivious to this?! I throw away anything a day prior to expiry - yes,I know, a moron :)

    The poor Chef could use this video or an alternative scientific fact to oppose the fine in the courts.

    By Blogger rosh, at July 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

  • I think its political and the chef fell victim of an elaborate PR ploy to get more positive ink on AUH... no shame

    By Blogger moryarti, at July 14, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

  • excellent vid. great tips....i wouldn't chance certain things, but as a person that has a frugal sense of the world, i will definitely refer to this video for assistance again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 6, 2009 at 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home