Dubai Consumer Mirror

Monday, November 21, 2005

Why do you blog?

If you were one of the few frequent visitors to my humble blog, you might have noticed that on UAE community, the Dubai Consumer Mirror link was tagged "updated" all day long yesterday. Although, there wasn't much activity happening on my latest post, the action was taking place somewhere else.

Zaydoun, a Kuwaiti blogger whom i hope i could have the honor in personally meeting him one day, came across my 'On Kuwait' post. His reaction and what followed was unbelievably overwhelming.

See for yourself here.

I hope I made a slight difference. Not necessarily a major one, but at least informed a few bloggers here about Kuwait and some of the great things Kuwaiti people are doing. I also hope I laid another brick in the bridge connecting our great blogger community together.

Please ask yourself this question: Why do you spend countless hours ogling your monitor and getting chocked up with words and expressions? Why do you blog? Do you have a purpose for blogging? If its for pointless (and i stress pointless) ranting, then good for you; join the rest ....

When i was invited to bloggerland by Secret Dubai, I was like: "yeah sure ... why not". Its only now I figured out one of my purposes for blogging...

5 Comments:

  • Just like your Kuwait article, Moryarti, you have written some thoughtful words here.

    Being new to blogging, we started our blog as a way to communicate with our friends and family about what we were doing in Dubai or wherever we are in the world.

    After a week of doing this, we also find that our articles are now becoming educational, and we try to include some background information to support what we write about.

    We hope that through our posts the readers will be able to discover a little bit more about our world.

    That's not to say that all posts will be positive and glowing - we imagine that there will be times when we feel the need to express some less than cheerful thoughts!

    But if someone learns just one little new thing from what we write, or appreciates the images that we post, then it's all good!

    And if not - then at least we have family and friends who love us!

    cheers
    nzm

    P.S. thanks also for the link to your blog to ours!

    By Blogger nzm, at November 21, 2005 at 4:29 PM  

  • Thank you nzm. I do enjoy your posts so much that I made up my mind to visit some of the places you've written about.

    Of course there will always will be time for an occasional rant scene and a periodic expression of frustration - heck thats why i started blogging in the first place :)

    I just believe that, even through criticism, I'd like there to be a purpose ..

    This is why i like Secret Dubai's, Emarati's.. and many many other blogs listed in the UAE Community.

    They don't criticize just for the heck of it .. i feel it through their posts and comments. I feel they intend to expose issues that could and would hurt the the people and the country of let go unnoticed ... not just plain and pointless rants.

    Again, we are all entitled to rant, bitch and moan. I feel one should be allowed to sound a bit unreasonable from time to time - but i won't let that offset why i am here for ..

    I don't know .. thats just me i guess :)

    By Blogger moryarti, at November 21, 2005 at 4:56 PM  

  • My reasons for blogging have kind of evolved. It started off as a personal thing, to record my experiences here while testing out the whole blogging thing.

    I also really admired this guy's blog: Hemlock in Hong Kong.

    Now it's become more of a habit. And because I felt there were all these great people blogging that people weren't getting to see unless they stumbled by chance across a link, I started UAE community blog, kind of as a focal point and blog-version of a message board/user forum.

    And I'm really glad you started blogging!

    By Blogger secretdubai, at November 22, 2005 at 12:40 AM  

  • Thank you SD... its great to be part of this community...

    By Blogger moryarti, at November 22, 2005 at 4:46 PM  

  • I’m not a very social person when it comes to real life. Through blogging I found more than what I asked in life. I like talking to people’s minds. I like to make friends online who are not interested in me personally but in my thoughts. I started it as a way to have my poems posted and see the reaction they made on others. But found out after a year of blogging that it became a vent. I feel free to say what I think without the fear of being judged. Although that does happen in blogging, but those types of people I do not need anyway. It gave me a chance to know people from around the globe, for example, I have visited UAE so many times but never met its people. Never knew how they were thinking. And the cyber friends, although many do not agree with my ideologies, were a big reward.

    By Blogger AyyA, at November 23, 2005 at 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home