Dubai Consumer Mirror

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Tea Time

With all the talk on how devastated our friends in Karama are for banning plastic tea cups, I wanted to highlight to our friends abroad this teeni tiny tea tip…

In Dubai (and the UAE in general), if you ask for TEA, you will be served tea with milk and sugar, all boiled together. It is also known as Chai Karak – and if you were a Wasta or Nafarat Arbab Kabeer, then your tea could be cardamom flavored.. (go figure)

On the other hand, if you are a regular-only-tea-with-nothing-else kind of a person like myself, then you demand Chai Sulaimani.

I honestly do not know who Mr. Sulaiman is and why do I have to drink my tea as per his recipe and taste... If anyone knows, please inform the ignorant

1 Comments:

  • Hmmm I do believe it is named after Sulaimani in Iraq. Could be wrong though. I cannot rememeber where I got that info from.

    By Blogger CG, at April 6, 2006 at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home