Dubai Consumer Mirror

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Underdog of Dubai Media

Few weeks back i read a really interesting article on Mike Gillam who was claiming that everyone within the media buying industry is 'out there to get him'. The reason is that he refuses to play what he describes as 'media buyers dirty and corrupt games'.

Now, according to Communicate magazine website, the same person is under investigation and alleged accusations of unethical dealings.

"Gillam was allegedly turned in by a person he had prior business dealings with who had recorded a phone conversation where Gillam is said to have made an unethical offer or suggestion."

The whole story should be out next week in May's Issue of Communicate. But I couldn't wait. I did my own bit of investigative work.

I met up with friend of mine who can be described as The Underdog of Dubai Media Buying business. For security reasons, I can't reveal his name so we will just use 'TONY'.

(Dark wet alley and The Godfather soundtrack music playing in the background)

- Hey Tony.. whats up?
- Hey Moryarti.. good to see ya ol pal
- Whats the deal with this Gillam character?
- Its pure and simple .. dis guy was dis-respectin us i tell ya
- What did he do?
- He was yappin his yank sayin tings like we are crooks.. Someone had to take care of da situashon.
- So what did you do?
- We did nothin. But let me aks you.... if someone bad mouths your family, wouldn't you bug his house and gave em an offer he couldn't refuse?
- I guess..
- I tell ya Moryarti, no one disrespects the Don, no one disrespects da family! Now kiss my ring.


3 Comments:

  • Sublime. I love the film comparisons. If you don't continue, I'll give you an offer you cant refuse.

    By Blogger grapeshisha, at April 29, 2006 at 1:16 AM  

  • ooooh interesting. i read the interview sometime back. but the thing is, the more someone tries to make it seem like they're so hardworking, ethical and awesome; the truth is, they're full of shit.

    i realized that when i read an interview in Campaign, of this guy who used to work with me. the crap that he said...tsk tsk... ;)

    By Blogger flamin, at April 30, 2006 at 12:30 AM  

  • "Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me"

    Or so the film went

    By Blogger Anon, at April 30, 2006 at 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home