Dubai Consumer Mirror

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dubai Drivers are full of it!

I borrowed a friend's car for a couple of days the other week. The car is a pimpin brand new 2006 BMW 645 CI in a sexy sliver gray color. Not only that, car has a wastafarian license plate number.

Since its not my ride, I went easy on the car. Driving on Sheikh Zayed Road at 100 to 120 KMPH max. Here is the thing; At any normal day, driving at that speed on that road in my old dinged up beemer, I would've been flashed, tailgated, spat on, fingered, cutoff-ed, yelled at, given "the look" or even driven/pushed out of the fast lane.

But not that never happened!

Driving the new pimpin beemer, I would see speeding Range Rovers, Land Cruisers, Mercs, Beemers..etc literally closing in at "warp speed". The second they come close to beemers rear end, they gracefully over-take it from the right hand side, and carry on with their drag races.

One day, I was dropping a friend to Sharjah. And before hitting SZR, and I had a bet with a him that I will not be tailgated or flashed once, he bet that I have to be flashed at least once. it was a long drive and the time was 9 pm (no traffic, everyone is speeding), so the odds were pretty much by his side.

My friend lost the bet :)

3 Comments:

  • That was a bet hard to lose. I would have taken 4-1 odds on it. easily

    By Blogger Herlock Sholmes, at June 1, 2006 at 3:30 PM  

  • I dunno... I'd have flashed you...

    but then.. I'm tainted... and can't speak for everyone else... :(

    By Blogger Tainted Female, at June 3, 2006 at 9:11 AM  

  • hey i did an experiment on SZR and al khail road the other day.. i took two cars we have.. the cheap car (but 2005 model) was flashed constantly even though it's quite huge and fast and was doing 120kmh

    next day i took the expensive car.. and it's seriously about 3 times the prices of the cheap car..made by our bavarian engineers.. and no flashes.. even doing 80km in a 120 kmh zone ppl overtook on the right as to not disturb me. this car is older as well!

    it's so wrong it's sick!!!

    By Blogger BuJ, at June 7, 2006 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home