Dubai Consumer Mirror

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Anger Managment

2 things before you read on: (1) I've had this MSN conversation (below) several times before. (2) this has been in the DRAFTS section for some time..


friend: I've checked your blog today, i was disappointed
me: sorry about that
me: why, if I may ask?
friend: You didn't mention anything about whats happening in Lebanon. You don't mention anything about whats going on in Gaza and nothing about Iraq. Don't you know that hundreds are dying?
friend: I was looking forward for your thoughts on whats happening.
friend: you drive us nuts with your political theorl mambo
me: come on dude
me: you know me better than that
friend: i do enjoy what you post about, but it looks like you don't give a damn about whats happening out there .. sorry for being so blunt
me: don't worry about it
friend: why don't you post about politics?
friend: you are such a chicken shit
me: f*ck you :)
friend: you don;t want to get in trouble with the government
me: man listen, i am pretty fucking annoyed. I am mad at everyone and everybody. This whole situation is just idiotic. me: i had a quick scan of blogs today and last night - ilottsa hate and the anger.

me: Its those psudo political couch-analysits who have nothing to do but sit on their asses to report the wackiest most iddoatic theories about whats happenig.. whats behind the scenes and what will or should happen bla bla
me: you know what pisses the hell out me? is that those posts attract the most sick, racist and twisted comments and just can't help it, they make my blood boil
me: the last thing i need is this blog to become a venue for those sick characters to spread their idiocy and slur...
friend: so you want everyone to agree with your views? it doesn't work like that... people are different and they will never agree to the same things and everyone has the right to say what they want
me: i know man...

me: look i gtg
friend: (insert CHICKEN emoticon here)

11 Comments:

  • Are you being polite when you call this person friend?

    Write what you want to write on your own blog!

    By Blogger nzm, at July 14, 2006 at 12:41 AM  

  • I totally agree. I've had comment like this on past "major" events, but the point is that my blog is Dubai/UAE focued. It's not there as another armchair political pundit on world events.

    Yes - this affects the region. And it affects people here. But there's plenty of coverage without me adding to the mix, when to be honest I have nothing really to add. It's horrific - the US support for Israel is atrocious - but what else can one really say?

    By Blogger secretdubai, at July 14, 2006 at 1:49 PM  

  • interesting.. one is free to write what s/he wants.. i wonder if your "friend" has read this post about him?

    By Blogger BuJ, at July 17, 2006 at 10:40 AM  

  • well arabs have been writing about this for decades now !! didnt work ?? i dont think so!

    things are not going to change !!
    i was watching CNN that other day and they were discussing the middle east situation, a caller said "arabs deserve whats happeing to them because of their stupidity"
    now that hurts !

    By Blogger Mother Courage, at July 18, 2006 at 8:41 PM  

  • Dude...write what you want. You might want to show your chicken friend how to start his/her own blog!

    By Blogger Abha Malpani, at July 19, 2006 at 11:55 PM  

  • It's unreasonable to reason like that. As if it is obligatory on every arab to write about what is happening in Lebanon right now. Perhaps your friend should use the time spent arguing with you to raise money or do something that will actually make a difference to the people he or she wishes to help.

    Don't let it get to you. Come over to my blog and listen to some new bhangra music on my stickam instead!

    By Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira, at July 20, 2006 at 4:29 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2006 at 2:19 AM  

  • surprised sheep: Thanks for your visit. Your comment was irrelevant, hence considered spam..

    please drop by again ..

    By Blogger moryarti, at July 21, 2006 at 10:05 AM  

  • How is this 'friend' ship?

    By Blogger Unknown, at July 26, 2006 at 8:25 PM  

  • hey dude, where have u been hiding these days?
    i hope all's well, especially given the proximity of your family to the mess that seems to have been planned so well.

    By Blogger BuJ, at August 1, 2006 at 11:52 PM  

  • Allo allo, anybody in there? Post something please!

    By Blogger archer14, at August 4, 2006 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home