Dubai Consumer Mirror

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Car Chats - part 2

This conversation took place on my way back from work when I called a friend asking about his new car.

Be advised: you may find this post very conceited, ostentatious and very very materialistic :o)

Me: Hey man, how does it feel?
Ali: Feels really good!
Me: It should. You've been waiting 6 months for its arrival!
Ali: The dealer told me that my car is the first 2007 model to hit the middle east
Me: Damn. Does that give it a better resell value?
Ali: Neah.. they don't care about these things here.
Me: I hear ya.
Ali: You know something? I haven't been going anywhere in my new car.
Me: Why?
Ali: Its freaks me out that I can't find a decent spot to park it
Me: What do you mean?
Ali: I can never find a place that’s not close to other cars
Me: OOOOOh, you are talking about door dings.... those idiots who park too close to your car and redecorate your doors and fenders.. :)
Ali: Yeah. I don't know what would happen to me if I see a ding on this car - I almost sold my soul to get it
Me: Well, i know what you mean. I already have dings on my car.
Ali: WHAT? You just got yours a couple of months ago..
Me: (sigh) I know man... and I barely use it once or twice a week
Ali: That’s nasty
Me: I just found a new scratch on my way out of the office 30 minutes ago. Felt like someone speared me thru the chest
Ali: Well, at least your car is deflowered now. Mine is still a virgin.. ha ha ha
Me: Dude, you're sick
Ali: I am serious. No matter now many door dings you get, khalas .. it won't hurt you like it does the first time.
Ali: While I have to be worried sick all the time, waiting in vain till that day arrives. The day someone dings my car
Me: pass by my house and I’d be happy to relieve you of that pain. And don't worry, I’ll be gentle

10 Comments:

  • So the old old urge to deflower never goes.
    LMAO!

    By Blogger *, at October 9, 2006 at 1:05 AM  

  • ouch, I got a new car 3 weeks ago and the dude that put in my plate number board thing "deflowered" it with his damn screwdriver! right near the front plate number board. I'm just semi glad it wasn’t me that scratched it dinged it.

    By Blogger Kay, at October 9, 2006 at 2:13 AM  

  • LOL! That's hilarious.
    Ding's are easy. I used to freak out about my car, but one day I woke up and someone had basically killed it during the night. The hit was so strong that it got pushed towards the car parked behind it so both the front and the back were in shitty shape... ever since that day I decided there's no point in worrying about cars.

    By Blogger Roba, at October 9, 2006 at 3:10 AM  

  • Be advised: you may find this post very conceited, ostentatious and very very materialistic :o)

    bery very advised...

    lol, hillarious

    By Blogger Yazan, at October 9, 2006 at 4:24 AM  

  • The first scratch I had on my Prado, I had an actual, no jokes, panic attack.
    After that episode, my car is now the most pampered in the middle east short of the Sheikhs.

    Not good to be materialistic and have OCD simultaneously.

    And the cycle will start anew with Marwan's upcoming new wheels...(shudder)...

    By Blogger marwan, at October 9, 2006 at 5:58 AM  

  • sorry about the door - ding! i thought if i didnt tell u , then you would think it happend when u were using it !!

    :0)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 9, 2006 at 12:23 PM  

  • I kindda figuried it out since you have been using my car and letting me drive yours (with the baby seat and all) this whole past week :)

    Oh and by the way - I got caught by a speeding camera while driving your car..

    By Blogger moryarti, at October 9, 2006 at 1:38 PM  

  • Roba - that must've been horrible.. did you know who wrecked your car?

    Kaya and Kay - Are you ladies related? :)

    Yazan.. Its nice to break the norm from time to time ;)

    Marwan - i know the feeling bro..

    By Blogger moryarti, at October 9, 2006 at 1:43 PM  

  • Oooh...I feel your pain :)

    I can't STAND people who open their car doors and hit the car next to them. My car has suffered numerous dings because of that, and I now accept it as a part of life....What can you do?

    But what hurts even more (like a knife through the heart) is when someone intentionally scratches your car. It has happened to me twice already, it looks like someone dragged their key on my hood and on the side of my car. Now that's criminal :)

    By Blogger Dubai Sunshine, at October 9, 2006 at 6:51 PM  

  • no no the worst is when you're sandwiched between two or 3 cars and to get out your entire right side must be scratched straight through as what happened with me last night.

    :)

    im still very very mad

    By Blogger inmotion, at October 11, 2006 at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home