Dubai Consumer Mirror

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sick People

We all have our experiences with bad customer service. Heck, I dedicated a permanent post for it for people to share their experiences here.

But sometimes, its not always the fault of the "establishment"... here is an example I came across on in 7days' infamous Letters to the Editor section this morning.

I am writing in order to call the attention of Ms Anna of McDonalds Citicentre and to let her know my dismay towards the behavior that she showed to us when my friends and I are ordering our food last night in CitiCenter Foodcourt.


I should have let this incident pass however this lady might be doing this over and over again. When my friend ordered our food and asked in a nice manner how many minutes should she wait for the burger since she will just wait near the counter she shouted at someone from the kitchen "Make that burgers fast because the girl here is hungry" which surprised my friend because she didn’t say anything like that. And worse when my friend asked "Did I say that to you?"

Ms Anna replied in cold manner "No" then my friend advised her not to say anything she never heard or else she will call the manager, which is more surprising because she replied "Check my name plate its Anna".

To you Ms. Anna, if you dont like your work go back to Philippines the attitude that you are showing is very shameful to all the Filipinos here in UAE especially that you are working in a service oriented company. I hope that the manager will call the attention of this lady and let her join some customer service seminars.
Disgusted Customer


Obviously it was THAT time of the month for that customer.

I mean, someone enlighten me please; what the hell did that McDonalds lady do or say to deserve this flaming drivel? All what she said was "Make that burgers fast because the girl here is hungry" . I don't believe thats an insult in any culture or language. As a matter of fact, she was actually serving you better you ungrateful moron.

And who the f*** are you to say to her "if you don’t like your work go back to Philippines" you racist pig...

I would like to see the person who wrote that letter standing behind the cashier counter and how it feels like to be treated the way you acted. I bet you can't last 10 minutes.

Unbelievable..

8 Comments:

  • bitch!

    By Blogger inmotion, at December 20, 2006 at 8:51 AM  

  • She's a hypersensitive twat. And why, oh why, does nationality always have to come into it? Can't 'Miss Anna' be just a person, not the official representative of all Filipinos in the UAE?

    This is just emblematic of the complete lack of respect in the UAE for people in the service and blue collar industries.

    By Blogger marwan, at December 20, 2006 at 9:21 AM  

  • frankly, I'd be offended if the female behind the counter did that. I'd probably snap back or give a bad stare, but i'd get over it in an instance.

    Cuz it would have called for uninvited attention to the particular customer. A simple question like that can be answered by 'x minutes'

    By Blogger Harsha, at December 20, 2006 at 9:28 AM  

  • I agree with Harsh, I'd personally be offended, but also I'd get it over in seconds. But to write such a rant letter to 7days? no she's exaggerating..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 20, 2006 at 11:18 AM  

  • I agree with Harsh, I'd personally be offended, but also I'd get it over in seconds. But to write such a rant letter to 7days? no she's exaggerating..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 20, 2006 at 11:22 AM  

  • Mr.M, sorry to say this but I would be a bit pissed with Anna. And to be honest I am pissed at all Filipinos in the service industry these days. They are always making idle comments to me or my kids that EFFING piss me off. They are there to serve and please, and I do empathise with their situation at times, but at other times I feel they bring it upon themselves.

    That said, my reaction would have probably been a look of disgust and then I would have ranted in my blog until I felt better.

    If you are about to call me racist then go right ahead. I can only take so much from one nationality before I group them.

    By Blogger CG, at December 20, 2006 at 12:35 PM  

  • @ CG; it is not actually all of them are bad, I have received marvelous customer service from Filipinos. It's just that you shouldn't expect a lot from McDonald's and KFC's Filipinos, I personally think they act just the same as other KFC"s other nationalities; Egyptians for example. It is a fast food outlet for god's sake, not a five stars restaurant. Believe me I have had worse service from other 'premium' nationalities, some were considered the best.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 20, 2006 at 3:35 PM  

  • Hypersensitive twat is a perfect tag for that idiot. That conversation was a waste of time. Hilarious post though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 21, 2006 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home