Dubai Consumer Mirror

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Yazan

A good friend and a fellow blogger, lost both his parents in a tragic car accident last week.

I called Yazan yesterday.

I punched his numbers and gazed at the phone for a moment before pressing the SEND button.

I was divided between loathing myself for finding out too late and being in situations involving death of loved ones; they never go well.

Whether in person or through the phone, grief and pain find a way to transcend down and tap me on the shoulder, reminding me that I am too close to the "real world" than I choose to believe.

I pressed "SEND" and started chocking with my words before Yazan picked up the call.

He was strong, intact and all the man his parents ever wanted him to be. He had a plan, he knew what he was doing and what he wants to do next.

May their souls rest in peace.

We are all here for you my friend.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Reading your post reminds me of this quote by Liebman:

    "Treasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other."

    Your friend is a model of courage and forbearance, God bless him. His parents must have been exceptional people to raise a son like this. May Allah grant them Jannah.

    By Blogger Gaza - We Will Never Forget., at October 14, 2007 at 6:34 PM  

  • Heartfelt words, moryarti.

    I came to find out about Yazan and his predicament through yours and Dubai Jazz' blog.

    In keeping with the gist of your own post, I cannot say anymore; I have posted my condolences on Yazan's blog.

    moryarti, you are a wonderful person.

    By Blogger i*maginate, at October 14, 2007 at 8:16 PM  

  • Very touching Mory… very touching…..:(

    Yazan never fails to amaze me; he's indeed a courageous young man….

    By Blogger Dubai Jazz, at October 15, 2007 at 2:16 AM  

  • May God have mercy on their souls and help him through this terrible time in his life, ameen.

    I just came here to say salams and Eid Mubarak, and will now wish you and your family long life and health as well.

    By Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira, at October 16, 2007 at 4:08 PM  

  • I feel for you mo, God bless both his parents... Allah yer7amhom.

    By Blogger KJ, at October 17, 2007 at 8:45 AM  

  • Inna lilah wa inna ilayhi raji3oon.

    May Yazan's parents rest in peace and may he always be strong and forward-looking.

    Bless you Mori.

    By Blogger BuJ, at October 20, 2007 at 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home