Dubai Consumer Mirror

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Breaking the silence

I was not too busy to blog, or as commonly known as TBTB, I was in a self enforced quiet mode. But lately I've been receiving several emails and posts wondering where heck I disappeared into...

1. For all those as asked, I thank you and I miss you too.

2. Okay, here is the deal: Frankly speaking, i was not planning to post anything until the situation in Lebanon cools down. As most of you know, i rarely cover politics and most of my posts and light, cynical and might be considered by some people, funny.

Having said that, i think its absurd to publish humorous posts while the suffering all over Lebanon goes on. I will continue to refrain from posting my thoughts about the political scene as it will do nothing but attract comments that make my blood boil, which will most probably force to do/say things that i don't like to do nor say.

Call it my way of anger management.

Bare in mind that though I haven't posted anything for sometime, but i have been keeping track. I have several unpublished posts in the SAVED folder, which, i will share with you soon...

Peace

4 Comments:

  • glad ur ok mori..

    just finished with a post about the london demo u might wanna check out my blog

    By Blogger BuJ, at August 7, 2006 at 2:27 AM  

  • PS: Would love to read those saved posts you got. Why not disable comments if they really piss u off? or make it only available for registered bloggers to comment?

    I really want to hear what you got to say about this. We really need to expose the Israelis for what they are worth and every single blog page is worth it.

    By Blogger BuJ, at August 7, 2006 at 10:27 AM  

  • Moryarti sometimes there is a certain contempt in speaking about certain issues. And sometimes there just is nothing to say because one feels emotionally drained and opening the subject means having to remind oneself in more ways than one.

    Perhaps writing down your thoughts in posts unpublished was necessery for you to feel better at the time, and not necesserily written down to be published.

    I guess what I am trying to say is, posting or not posting, allow yourself the time to not be compelled to react to everything wether on the blog or anywhere else just because people know you have ties to the country. It is very draining emotionally to have to constantly react.

    I wish you and your family all the best, and inshallah '7eyr for all innocent people damaged by the unjust war.

    By Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira, at August 8, 2006 at 3:10 AM  

  • I see your point and can't agree any more... I am just shocked by the level of ignorence out there... some blogs are a pure example ... I just don't want this place to be a venue for such..

    By Blogger moryarti, at August 9, 2006 at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home