Dubai Consumer Mirror

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Happy 38th Union Day

Celebrations this year has been different. Most people i know noticed it. The build up to Dec 2nd has been very visible every I go. On the radio, TV.. on the streets, in malls.. People from every walk of life were wearing the UAE flag scarves. Emaratis and Expats alike.

And it wasn't the white Land Cruisers that had UAE flag decorations this year. Almost every other car I saw over the past week was decorated. Westerners, Asians, Arabs .. all were celebrating this year. And I loved every minute of it.

But it was no coincidence. There was a driving force behind it and it was all driven by Watani by a campaign called Mutahida (united in Arabic)

A campaign launched by Watani for one purpose: to bring together people living in the UAE.
It is to remind them to appreciate what a fabulous country we live in peacefully, irrespective of cast, creed or religion. Basically, Watani is trying to bring about the wonderful spirit of the UAE union.

You can find more about the program thru their facebook page here

I think it is exactly what the country and people living here need these days. A sense of union that brings everyone together.

Happy 38th. UAE

7 Comments:

  • Awesome to hear!

    By Blogger nzm, at December 3, 2009 at 2:10 AM  

  • Happy National Day :)

    I loved every single minute of the day.. and I participated in the parade in dubai (pics on my blog).. it was great fun and the best thing is that it wasn't only emaratis that celebrated.. we had everyone.. levantines, europeans, indians, filipinos, even bralizians (mind you, they are the masters of street parties!!!!).

    this is also my first national day in the uae in many years so it had a special flavour for me.

    bless the UAE and bless you mory for the lovely post :)

    By Blogger BuJ, at December 3, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

  • Happy 38 bro

    By Blogger KJ, at December 4, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

  • that is true. I did notice that things were different this year.

    Happy 38

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 6, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

  • Meh...I'm not all warm and fuzzy about National Day, personally, and that's for a number of reasons. From a celebratory standpoint, the people on the road were dead-rude (no, I don't want my newly-washed car sprayed with that spray shit) and unusually aggressive trying to make their way around the capital. While I saw a lot of people from many nationalities heading to the corniche for fireworks (bad idea, btw...too hard to see them), I can't say that I knew many non-Emiratis celebrating and decorating. I don't celebrate my own day of indendence with more than a BBQ and some fireworks...can't relate to the idea of doing it for another nation.

    By Blogger Susan , at December 7, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

  • Dear blogger,

    I'm a post graduate student writing a research on "the revolution of blogs and blogging in knowledge workers' practices and the possibility of using intranet blogging to enhance HRM practices"

    I'm searching for managers or employees in UAE who blog about their career. I'm looking forward to start a conversation with bloggers and listen to their point of view regarding using blogs for a better organizational communication.

    please feel free to email me
    resha.alhussaini@gmail.com
    Resha al Hussaini

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 7, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

  • Every one there celebrate this year with his own craze.

    By Anonymous Online Web Marketing, at December 23, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home