Dubai Consumer Mirror

Saturday, July 03, 2010

CupCake Karma

Last night, the Mrs & I decided to pick up some cupcakes for the kids from the mall.

It turned out that the famous NY bakery ran out of my daughter's favorite flavor, as it was about 11:45 and the shop was about to close.

However, the chef said he is happy to prepare new ones if we could wait a few minutes. We were happy and asked if he can prepare 4 cupcakes.

While the chef went along doing what he does best, a window cleaner was cleaning the window that overlooked the chef's cupcakes frosting/prep station.

Don't think the chef noticed him, as I am sure he is used to the sight of people standing and watching him work behind the window.

While the cleaner's hands were moving involuntarily, his eyes were glued to magical cupcakes construction process like a 40yr old toddler.

My wife whispered to me: "Are you seeing that look?" Me: "yeah .. "
Wife: "Do you think he ever tried any of them?"
I whispered back: "At AED 18 a pop, probably not.."
Wife: "Lets give him one out of the four.."

I asked the baker if he can pack 1 cupcake in a separate box, 3 in another.

The chef turned around and said: "We only have box for 2 and box for 6 cupcakes... I will fill both boxes with extra cupcakes, on the house, for you to try out our collection."

So, the window cleaner ended up with 2 cupcakes, 1 more than we intended to give; and we ended up with 6 cupcakes, 3 more than we intended to have.

6 Comments:

  • Bless you! What a lovely and generous thing to have done, and how quickly your generosity was repaid!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

  • That's kismet - and also paying it forward which is something I truly believe in. The chef did you a favour and you passed it on to the window cleaner.

    You guys are simply awesome - I'm so blessed to know you. You're my kind of peoples! xo

    By Blogger nzm, at July 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

  • Aww! What a beautiful thought and gesture. Bless you folks.

    By Blogger rosh, at July 4, 2010 at 5:40 AM  

  • That's pretty cool... :)

    By Blogger Stained, at July 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

  • Mo.... keep it rollin ma.... dnt stop bloging as ur my cup of coffee for da day....Ciao

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 4, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

  • I just wanted to read this post again, smile and feel good. Such thought and simplicity are so rare (almost nonexistent) these days.

    By Blogger rosh, at July 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home